Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
Aug. 26, 2019
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan citizens the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings next month. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Sept. 19, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Lake Erie/St. Clair Citizens' Fishery Advisory Committee – Sept. 24, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Jim Francis, 248-666-9157)
- Lake Michigan Citizens' Fishery Advisory Committee – Sept. 17, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Michigan United Conservation Corps Headquarters, Lansing (Contact: Jay Wesley, 269-204-7057)
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission – Sept. 6, 11 a.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
- Michigan Historical Commission – Sept. 19, 10 a.m., First Universalist Church of Concord, Concord (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-335-2585)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Sept. 12, 10:30 a.m., Northern Michigan University - Ballroom, Marquette (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Michigan Trails Advisory Council - Sept. 11, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Northern Michigan University, Marquette (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-284-6112)
- Off-road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup – Sept. 11, 8 a.m. to noon, Northern Michigan University, Marquette (Contact: Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790)
- Timber Advisory Council – Sept. 20, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., conference call; dial 888-557-8511, access code 8718230 (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve – Sept. 11, 1 p.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
- Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory councils - Joint meeting - Sept. 11, 3 p.m., Northern Michigan University - Northern Center - Ballroom 1, Northern Michigan University, Marquette (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)