Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
Sept. 25, 2019
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan citizens the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings in October. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee - Oct. 17, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Board of Foresters - Oct. 9, 1 to 4:30 p.m., Quality Inn and Conference Center, Escanaba (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-732-3541)
- Coldwater Resources Steering Committee - Oct. 2, 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Gaylord (Contact: Troy Zorn, 906-249-1611)
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council - Oct. 9, 6 p.m., LMAS Health Department conference room, Newberry (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)
- Equine Trails Subcommittee - Oct. 16, 1:15 to 4:30 p.m., Doherty Hotel, Clare, (Contact: Anna Centofanti 517-284-6112)
- Forest Management Advisory Committee - Oct. 2, 1 to 4 p.m., Michigan United Conservation Clubs, Lansing (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Lake Huron Citizens’ Fishery Advisory Committee - Oct. 22, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Clare (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-347-4689)
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission - (Workshop) Oct. 26, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Michigan History Center, Lansing (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board - Oct. 15, 3 p.m., Michigan Iron Industry Museum, Negaunee (Contact: Barry James, 906-475-7857)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Oct. 10, 8:30 a.m., Lansing Community College West Campus, Lansing (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board - Oct. 16, 9 a.m., Lansing Community College West Campus, Lansing (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954)
- Michigan State Waterways Commission - Oct 4., (work session) 8:30 a.m., (regular meeting) 10:30 a.m., Alpena City Hall (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-284-6138)
- Michigan Wildlife Council - Oct. 28, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Bay de Noc Community College, Escanaba (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056)
- Northern Inland Lakes Citizens' Fishery Advisory Committee - Oct. 11, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuscarora Township Hall, Indian River (Contact: Tim Cwalinski, 989-732-3541 ext. 5072)
- Pigeon River Country Advisory Council - Oct. 18, 5 p.m., Pigeon River Country State Forest Headquarters, Vanderbilt (Contact: Greg Rekowski, 989-983-4101)
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup - Oct. 18, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Gaylord (Contact: Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790)
- State Parks Advisory Committee - Oct. 10, 8:30 to 10 a.m., Lansing Community College West Campus, Lansing (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Timber Advisory Council - Oct. 18, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., conference call; dial 888-557-8511, access code 8718230 (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Upper Peninsula Habitat Workgroup - Oct. 8, 9:30 a.m., River Rock Lanes, Ishpeming (Contact: Terry Minzey, 906-228-6561)