Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
Oct. 25, 2019
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings next month. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you'll find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Nov. 21, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Board of Foresters – Nov. 7, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., DNR Customer Service Center, Gaylord, and conference call; dial 888-273-3658, access code 8610671 (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-370-9557)
- Michigan Historical Commission – Nov. 14, 10 a.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-335-2585)
- Michigan State Historical Records Advisory Board – Nov. 21, 10 a.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Mark Harvey, 517-449-5885)
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission – Nov.15, 11 a.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Nov. 7, 11 a.m., Lansing Community College - West Campus, Lansing (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee – Nov. 7, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Lansing Community College - West Campus, Lansing (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Nonmotorized Advisory Workgroup – Nov. 15, 10 a.m., conference call; dial 877-336-1829, access code 2663581 (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-284-6112)
- Pigeon River Country Equestrian Committee – Nov. 1, 1 to 4 p.m., DNR Operations Service Center, Roscommon (Contact: Greg Rekowski, 989-983-4101)
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – Nov. 6, 5:30 p.m. EDT/4:30 p.m. CDT, Bay College - JH University Center Room 952, Escanaba (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)