Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
Dec. 19, 2019
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings next month, and the public is invited to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Jan. 16, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Citizens Waterfowl Advisory Committee – Jan. 11, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Gaylord (Contact: Barb Avers, 517-284-4721)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Jan. 9, 10:30 a.m., Michigan State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Lansing (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Michigan Wildlife Council – (Regular meeting) Jan. 27, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., (installation of mosaic) Jan. 28, 10 a.m., Michigan History Center, Lansing (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056)
- Pigeon River Country Advisory Council – Jan. 24, 5 p.m., Corwith Township Hall, Vanderbilt (Contact: Greg Rekowski, 989-983-4101)
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – Jan. 15, 5:30 p.m. EDT/ 4:30 p.m. CDT, Baraga Lakeside Inn, Baraga (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)