Share your thoughts with the DNR at March meetings
Feb. 21, 2020
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings next month. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – March 19, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Board of Foresters – March 5, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., DNR Customer Service Center, Gaylord (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-370-9557)
- Lake Erie/St. Clair Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – March 16, 10 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Jim Francis, 248-666-9157)
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – March 2, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Clare (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-347-4689)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – March 19, 11 a.m., Lansing Community College, Lansing (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council – March 5 (work session), 1 to 3 p.m., online webinar via Skype (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056)
- Pigeon River Country Equestrian Committee – March 12, 1 to 4 p.m., DNR field office, Roscommon (Contact: Greg Rekowski, 989-983-4101)
- State Historical Records Advisory Board – March 26, 10 a.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – March 11, 1 p.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – March 25, 5:30 p.m., Marquette Township Community Center (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)