Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
June 2, 2020
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
With recent COVID-19 public health and safety in mind, some upcoming meetings have been changed to conference calls and virtual meetings, while others have been canceled. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates. This is even more important as parts of the state transition to different levels of readiness to welcome the public; meeting formats and/or locations could quickly change.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific virtual and teleconference meeting information and, when finalized, meeting agendas. Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – June 18, 9 to 11 a.m., virtual (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – June 18, 6 p.m. EST, virtual (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Equine Trails Subcommittee – June 17, 1 to 4 p.m., conference call (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-284-6112).
- Michigan Board of Foresters – June 30, 8:30 to 10 a.m., conference call (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-370-9557).
- Michigan Historical Commission – June 11, 10 a.m., virtual (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-335-2585).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – June 11, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Brooke Parmalee, 517-284-5808).
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – June 17, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954).
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – June 16, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-284-6138).
- Michigan Wildlife Council – June 23, time and location to be determined (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council – June 4, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., virtual (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – June 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., conference call (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-284-6112).
- State Historical Records Advisory Board – June 11, 10 a.m., virtual (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591).
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – June 10, 2 to 4 p.m., virtual (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591).