Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming virtual meetings
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
With COVID-19 public health and safety in mind, most upcoming meetings have been changed to virtual meetings or conference calls. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific virtual and teleconference meeting information and, when finalized, meeting agendas. Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – 9 a.m., March 18, virtual (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Equine Trails Subcommittee – 1-4:30 p.m., March 3, virtual (Contact: Anna Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – 10 a.m.-2 p.m., March 3, virtual (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-622-3820).
- Lake Erie/Lake St. Clair Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – 1-4 p.m., March 23, virtual (Contact: Jim Francis, 517-242-3593).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – 9 a.m., March 11, virtual (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-881-9630).
- Michigan State Historical Records Advisory Board – 10 a.m., March 25, virtual (Contact: Mark Harvey, 517-449-5885).
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee – 3 p.m., March 3, virtual (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup – 5-7 p.m., March 24, virtual (Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790).
- Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council – 1-3 p.m., March 5 (work session), virtual (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council – 10 a.m.-3 p.m., March 19, virtual (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876).
- Urban and Community Forestry Council – 10 a.m.-noon, March 30, virtual (Contact: Kevin Sayers, 517-582-3209).
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – 6 p.m. (EDT), March 18, virtual (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
State land reviews – March 9 and 10
The DNR is hosting virtual meetings to provide information on the state land review and opportunities for feedback on recommendations for DNR-managed public land ownership in 10 counties: Alpena, Berrien, Branch, Cass, Charlevoix, Chippewa, Dickinson, Leelanau, Gogebic and St. Joseph. The state land review is being implemented as part of the 2013 DNR-managed public land strategy and involves review of certain isolated parcels of state land to determine whether they are contributing to the department’s mission. Visit the DNR’s public land strategy webpage for more information about public lands or contact Scott Whitcomb at 231-373-3007 for meeting information.
- March 9, 6 p.m., virtual, join via Teams or call in (audio only) at 248-509-0316, phone conference ID: 913 574 808#
- March 10, 2:30 p.m., virtual, join via Teams or call in (audio only) at 248-509-0316, phone conference ID: 661 614 816#
Upcoming opportunities to serve
The following boards and commissions are seeking applicants for vacant seats: