Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
April 23, 2021
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific location or virtual and teleconference meeting information. When finalized, meeting agendas also will be available here. Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details (such as a change to in-person rather than virtual format) and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council - Tuesday, May 18, 9 a.m. (Contact: Mike Holsinger, 517-284-5946).
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee - Thursday, May 20, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Coldwater Resources Steering Committee - Tuesday, May 18, 10 a.m. to noon (Contact: Troy Zorn, 906-235-6191).
- Equine Trails Subcommittee - Wednesday, May 5, 1 to 4:30 p.m. (Contact: Anna Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission - Friday, May 14, 11 a.m. (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591).
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board - Tuesday, May 18, 3 p.m. (Contact: Barry James, 906-475-7857).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission - Thursday, May 13, 9 a.m., (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
- Michigan Wildlife Council - Friday, May 14, 10 a.m. (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup - Wednesday, May 19, 5 to 7 p.m. (Contact: Jessica Holley, 517-331-3790).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council - Friday, May 21, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876).
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council - Wednesday, May 19, 6 p.m. EDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
Fisheries 'Conversations & Coffee' virtual event
The public also is invited to join DNR Fisheries Division staff at a virtual Conversations & Coffee event to informally discuss local issues and management activities related to fisheries. More information is available at Michigan.gov/Fishing.
- Northern and Southern Lake Huron management units, Thursday, May 6, 6 to 7 p.m. Registration is required. Register for the free event by 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 5. Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-622-3820.
Opportunity to serve
The Michigan State Waterways Commission is seeking a candidate to fill a vacant seat representing the general public. For more information, call or email Michelle Wieber at 517-285-0747, or apply here.