Island Lake and Bald Mountain ranges, operated by Michigan Shooting Centers, are open with revised hours and restrictions, please see individual web pages for information.
Ortonville, Pontiac Lake, Rose Lake and Sharonville shooting ranges are open with the following restrictions:
COVID-19 safety policies for DNR shooting ranges:
- While at DNR shooting ranges, all customers and employees are asked to maintain a social distance of 6 feet between them and anyone that is not an immediate member of their family. Please note that this includes the parking lot and the ranges.
- The rifle and pistol range will be limited to 50% capacity. Range personnel will require an unoccupied bench between each occupied bench.
- The ranges will be marked so customers can clearly identify proper distances.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for customer and employee use on the rifle, pistol and shotgun trap ranges.
- Sanitizing solution will be made available to customers for use on shooting stations, chairs, brooms and other touch points.
- Customers and employees are asked to wear a face covering while inside a building.
- Sandbags, spotting scopes, carpet squares, eye and ear protection will no longer be provided due to the difficulty in keeping those items sanitized. These items will be up to the shooter to provide for themselves.
- Shooters are encouraged to bring their own gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant and whatever else they deem necessary to protect themselves.
- Shooters are reminded that they are participating in an outdoor activity and they participate at their own risk due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Unstaffed DNR ranges
Supply Road, Echo Point, Voyer Lake and Lost Nation ranges are open. Information regarding hours and restrictions are posted at each range.
Algonac shooting range at Algonac State Park is open with range hours from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.