Share your thoughts with the DNR at June meetingsAgency:
May 17, 2018
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan citizens opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings in June 2018. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the web page for each body where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
Please note an upcoming May meeting that was not included in a previous release:
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – June 21, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Zoo, Belle Isle, Detroit (Contact: Renee Parker, 517-284-6135)
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council – June 6, 6 p.m., Little Bear Arena, St. Ignace (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)
- Michigan Historical Commission, June 13, 10 a.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-373-6362)
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board, June 19, 3 p.m., Michigan Iron Industry Museum, Negaunee (Contact: Barry James, 906-475-7857)
- Michigan State Waterways Commission, June 8, 8:30 a.m. work session, 9:30 a.m. meeting, City Hall, Bay City (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-284-6138)
- Natural Resources Commission, June 14, 9 a.m., Lansing Community College (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – June 13, 9 a.m., Holiday Inn Gateway Center, Flint (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954)
- Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup – June 13, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Demmer Center, Lansing (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6112)
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – June 19, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Alpena Snowmobile Association Clubhouse, Lachine (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6112)
- State Parks Advisory Committee – June 14, 9 to 11:30 a.m., Lansing Community College (Contact: Renee Parker, 517-284-6135)
- Timber Advisory Council – June 1, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., conference call, dial 888-557-8511, access code 8718230 (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state’s natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to www.michigan.gov/dnr