Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetingsAgency:
March 21, 2019
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan citizens the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings in April. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
Special March meeting
A Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee special meeting recently has been scheduled for March 25, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., to review the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund grant applications. The meeting is available via Skype; audio 1-877-336-1831, access code 9388547. For more information, contact Barbara Graves at 517-284-6135.
Conversations and Coffee fisheries meetings
In addition, the public is invited to join DNR Fisheries Division staff at Conversations & Coffee events this spring for an informal opportunity to discuss local issues and management activities, and to get specific questions answered. More information is available at Michigan.gov/Fishing or by contacting Elyse Walter at 517-284-5839.
- April 2, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Tahquamenon Area Public Library, Newberry
- April 4, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Holiday Inn Express Munising-Lakeview, Munising
- April 8, 6 to 8 p.m., Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery Visitor Center, Mattawan
- April 9, 2 to 3 p.m., webinar for those interested in southern Lake Huron waters, register online
- April 9, 6:30 p.m., Bay City State Park Visitor Center, Bay City
- April 10, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Waterford Fisheries Station, Waterford
- April 16, 6 p.m., Lake Superior State University, Sault Ste. Marie
- April 23, 6 to 8 p.m. (CDT), Gogebic Community College, Ironwood
- April 24, 7 to 9 p.m., Ishpeming Township Hall, Ishpeming
- April 25, 7 to 9 p.m., Portage Lake District Library, Houghton
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – April 18, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – April 15, 6 p.m., LMAS Health Department, Newberry (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)
- Forest Management Advisory Committee – April 3, 1 to 4 p.m., Michigan United Conservation Clubs, Lansing (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Lake Michigan Citizens Advisory Committee – April 16, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Clare (Contact: Jay Wesley, 269-204-7057)
- Lake Superior Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – April 4, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Chocolay Township Fire Hall, Marquette (Contact: Phil Schneeberger, 906-249-1611, ext. 311)
- Michigan Historical Commission – April 18, 10 a.m., Michigan’s Grand Army of the Republic Memorial Hall and Museum, Eaton Rapids (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-335-2585)
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – Work session: April 29, 3 to 5 p.m., MSU Surplus and Recycling Center, East Lansing; Meeting: April 30, 9 a.m., MSU Surplus and Recycling Center, East Lansing (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-284-6138)
- Natural Resources Commission – April 11, 9 a.m., MSU Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, East Lansing (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – April 10, 9 a.m., Lansing Community College – West Campus (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954)
- Northern Inland Lakes Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – April 12, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuscarora Township Hall, Indian River (Contact: Tim Cwalinski, 989-732-3541, ext. 5072)
- Pigeon River Country Advisory Council – April 26, 5 p.m., Pigeon River Country State Forest Headquarters, Vanderbilt (Contact: Scott Whitcomb, 989-983-4101)
- State Historical Records Advisory Board - April 11, 10 a.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Mark Harvey, 517-449-5885)
- State Parks Advisory Committee – April 11, 9 to 11:30 a.m., MSU Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, East Lansing (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Timber Advisory Council – April 19, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., conference call; dial 888-557-8511, access code 8718230, (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Trails Advisory Council – April 17, 10 a.m., Ralph A. MacMullan Conference Center, Roscommon (Contact: Paul Yauk, 517-284-6141)