Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming virtual meetings
Sept. 21, 2020
|The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
With COVID-19 public health and safety in mind, upcoming meetings have been changed to virtual meetings or conference calls. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific virtual and teleconference meeting information and, when finalized, meeting agendas. Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Oct. 15, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – Oct. 20, 6 p.m. EDT, virtual (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Equine Trails Subcommittee – Oct. 7, 1-4:30 p.m., virtual (Annalisa Centofanti, 517-284-6112).
- Forest Management Advisory Committee – Oct. 14, 1-4 p.m., virtual (Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876).
- Lake Erie/St. Clair Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Oct. 28, 9 a.m. to noon, virtual (Jim Francis, 517-242-3593).
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Oct. 12, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., virtual (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-622-3820).
- Michigan Waterways Commission – Oct. 2, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747).
- Natural Resources Commission – Oct. 8, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237).
- Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – Oct. 14, 9 a.m., virtual (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954).
- Pigeon River Country Advisory Council – Oct. 22, 5 p.m., virtual (Contact: Cody Stevens, 989-370-5578).
- State Historical Records Advisory Board – Oct. 8, 10 a.m., virtual (Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591).
- State Parks Advisory Committee – Oct. 28, 2 p.m., virtual (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – Oct. 15, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., virtual (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-284-6112).
Forest management reviews
In addition to regular meetings, the DNR will host virtual compartment reviews in October to discuss planned forest management activities. Contact the unit manager of each region for information on how to attend online or by phone.
- Gladwin – Oct. 20 (Contact: Patrick Mohney, 989-387-8189).
- Grayling – Oct. 22 (Contact: Thomas Barnes, 231-384-7732).
- Gwinn – Oct. 8 (Contact: Kristen Matson, 906-346-9201).
- Pigeon River area – Oct. 5 (Contact: Cody Stevens, 989-370-5578).
- Sault Ste Marie – Oct. 6 (Contact: Karen Rodock, 906-477-6048 x2040).
- Shingleton – Oct. 15 (Contact: Bob Burnham, 906-420-1645).
- Traverse City – Oct. 13 (Contact: Dave Lemmien, 231-922-5280).
/Note to editors: The accompanying photo is available below for download.
Laptop: Photo credit courtesy of Lauren Mancke via Unsplash./