Season Dates for All Species
Note: Seasons marked with an * indicate the season dates are the same each year.
Fur Harvester Information (includes Muskrat, Mink, Raccoon, Fox, Bobcat, Badger, Fisher/Marten, Beaver, Otter, and Coyote): See page 6 of the Michigan Hunting and Trapping Digest.
Bear: See season dates in the Michigan Bear Hunting Digest
*Cottontail Rabbit and Snowshoe Hare: Sept. 15 - Mar. 31
*Crow: Aug. 1 - Sept. 30 and Feb. 1 - Mar. 31
- Early Antlerless Firearm: Sept. 19-20, 2020
- Liberty Hunt: September 12-13, 2020
- Youth and Hunters With Disabilities Hunt
- Independence Hunt: Oct. 15-18, 2020
- Hunters With Disabilities Hunt
- Archery: Oct. 1 - Nov. 14 and Dec. 1 - Jan. 1
- Extended Archery - Urban Deer Management Zone of Macomb, Oakland and Wayne Counties: Open through January 31.
- Regular Firearm: Nov. 15-30
- Zone 1: Dec. 4-13, 2020
- Zone 2: Dec. 4-13, 2020
- Zone 3: Dec. 4-20, 2020
- Late Antlerless Firearm:
- Dec. 21, 2020 - Jan.1, 2021
Elk: See season dates in the Michigan Elk Hunting Digest
*Pheasant (male only):
- Zone 1 (partial): Oct. 10-31
- Zone 2, 3: Oct. 20 - Nov. 14
- Zone 3 (partial): Dec. 1 - Jan. 1
*Quail: Oct. 20 - Nov. 14
*Ruffed Grouse: Sept. 15 - Nov. 14 and Dec. 1 - Jan. 1
*Sharp-tailed Grouse: Oct. 10-31
*Squirrel - Fox and Gray (black phase included): Sept. 15 - Mar. 31
*Waterfowl: See season dates section in the Waterfowl Hunting Digest
- Spring Season: Apr. 18 - May 31, 2020 (see Spring Turkey Digest for applicable units)
Woodcock: Sept. 19 - Nov. 2, 2020
*Opossum, porcupine, weasel, red squirrel, skunk, ground squirrel, woodchuck, Russian boar, feral pigeons, starling and house sparrows may be taken year-round with a valid Michigan hunting license.
An * indicates that it is highly recommended that the Michigan Hunting and Trapping Digest, or other species-specific hunting digests be consulted for a more complete list of dates and regulations regarding each hunt period.