The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
State park explorer guides
Each year, we hire seasonal staff to conduct educational programs in state parks. These enthusiastic, nature-minded folks lead hikes and activities and present fun programs that shine a spotlight on each park’s unique resources. These positions have the best office views around!
Get great experience!
- Attend training in hands-on environmental education activities.
- Increase your knowledge of forests, insects, pond life and other topics.
- Create age-appropriate activities and programs.
- Present programs to children & adults, often within a family setting.
- Daily opportunities to practice professional speaking skills.
- Market your programs to the public.
- Get invested in the community through local outreach.
Enjoy a great work environment
- Spend time outdoors everyday.
- Share knowledge of nature and outdoor skills with others.
- Work in a scenic state park location.
Steps to Apply - Interviews will be held at various locations each year beginning in March and continuing until all positions have been filled.
- Fill out the DNR Employment Application.
- List locations that you are able to work on the application. Click here for a list of state parks with Explorer Guides.
- Submit your resume, DNR employment application and location preferences to: DNR-ExplorersProgram@michigan.gov