The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
As the state continues in a COVID-19 recovery phase, the DNR is planning the return of facilities and sites to pre-pandemic public hours, effective May 1.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services says that even during a post-surge recovery phase, face masks remain an important tool in mitigating the spread of COVID-19. Anyone who feels sick, may be at higher risk of infection, or who feels better protected when masked should choose when they feel comfortable masking.
Follow state actions and guidelines at Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
DNR facility updates
All DNR facilities are now open with pre-pandemic hours unless otherwise noted below. As always, please check individual facility/site webpages for current public days/hours of operation, or call before you go.
The following locations have limited hours:
- Archives of Michigan is open 1 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. The Archives is closed on Sunday.
- Michigan History Museum in Lansing will have a staggered schedule:
- May 1 - June 19: Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- June 20 - Sept. 11: Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Starting Sept. 12, the museum resumes daily hours of 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. Visit our website for information on scheduling a school or group visit.
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum in Negaunee is open in Negaunee will be open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday (closed Monday) from May 1 through Sept. 30 and open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday (closed Sunday through Tuesday) from Oct. 1 through April 30.
- On Belle Isle in Detroit, the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory is now open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays. The Belle Isle Aquarium (operated by the Belle Isle Conservancy) is open to the public 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays through Sundays. The casino and Flynn Pavilion are open for rentals. Please contact the Belle Isle administration office at 313-821-9844.
- The Outdoor Adventure Center in Detroit is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday and Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.