The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
November 24, 2021
Nov. 24, 2021
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council - Tuesday, Dec. 7, 9 a.m. (Contact: Mike Holsinger, 517-284-5946).
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee - Thursday, Dec. 16, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- State Historical Records Advisory Board - Thursday, Dec. 16, 10 a.m. (Contact: Mark Harvey, 517-449-5885).
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission - Friday, Dec. 17, 11 a.m. (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-231-1299).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission - Thursday, Dec. 9, 9 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board - Wednesday, Dec. 1, 9 a.m. (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954).
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee - Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2 p.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council - Wednesday, Dec. 8, 1 p.m. (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup - Thursday, Dec. 2, 10 a.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council - Friday, Dec. 17, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876).
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council - Monday, Dec. 6, 6 p.m. (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Michigan State Waterways Commission - Thursday, Dec. 2, 12 p.m. (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747).
- Wolf Management Advisory Committee - Tuesday, Dec. 7, 9 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
Upcoming opportunities to serve
The following commissions are currently seeking applicants for vacant seats:
- The Nonmotorized Advisory Workgroup, a subgroup of the Michigan Trails Advisory Council, is seeking a candidate to assist the council with its duties and responsibilities while also providing the DNR with advice about creation, development, operation and maintenance of the state's nonmotorized trail system. Interested candidates can fill out an online application. Questions? Contact Annalisa Centofanti.
- The Michigan Trails Advisory Council is seeking a candidate to advise the DNR on the creation, development, operation and maintenance of motorized and nonmotorized trails in the state, including snowmobile, biking, equestrian, hiking, off-road vehicle and skiing. Interested candidates can fill out an online application. Questions? Contact Annalisa Centofanti.