The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
January 24, 2022
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council - Tuesday, Feb. 22, 9 a.m. (Contact: Mike Holsinger, 517-284-5946).
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee - Thursday, Feb. 17, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Coldwater Resources Steering Committee - Tuesday, Feb. 22, 1 p.m. (Contact: Troy Zorn, 906-235-6191).
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council - Tuesday, Feb. 15, 6 p.m. EDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee - Tuesday, Feb. 1, 10 a.m. (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-622-3820).
- Michigan Historical Commission - Thursday, Feb. 3, 10 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-331-7374).
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board - Tuesday, Feb. 8, 3 p.m. (Contact: Barry James, 906-475-7857).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission - Thursday, Feb. 10, 9 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board - Wednesday, Feb. 16, 9 a.m. (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954).
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee - Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2 p.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Michigan State Waterways Commission - Wednesday, Feb. 2, 9 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747).
- Michigan Wildlife Council - Friday, Feb. 25, 10:30 a.m. (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup - Wednesday, Feb. 23, 5 p.m. (Contact: Jessica Holley-Roehrs, 517-331-3790).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council - Feb. 18, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876).
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee - Tuesday, Feb. 15, 1 p.m. (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-231-1299).
- Wolf Management Advisory Committee - (work session) Tuesday, Feb. 22, 1 p.m.; (meeting) Wednesday, Feb. 23, 9 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
State land review meetings Wednesday and Thursday
The DNR is hosting public meetings to provide information on the state land review and opportunities for feedback on recommendations for DNR-managed public land ownership in 10 counties: Gratiot, Huron, Isabella, Lapeer, Lenawee, Marquette, Monroe, Roscommon, Sanilac and Washtenaw. The state land review stems from the 2013 DNR-managed public land strategy and involves review of certain parcels of state land to determine whether they are contributing strongly to the department's mission. Visit the DNR's land review webpage for more information or contact Kerry Heckman at 517-643-1256.
- Wednesday, Jan. 26, 6 p.m., join Microsoft Teams meeting or call (for audio only) +1 248-509-0316, 848419871#; Conference ID: 848 419 871#
- Thursday, Jan. 27, 2 p.m. join Microsoft Teams meeting or call (for audio only) +1 248-509-0316, 274951916#; Conference ID: 274 951 916#
Opportunity to serve on trails council
The Michigan Trails Advisory Council is seeking a candidate to advise the DNR on the creation, development, operation and maintenance of motorized and nonmotorized trails in the state, to accommodate activities including snowmobiling, biking, horseback riding, hiking, off-roading and skiing. Interested candidates can fill out an online application. Questions? Contact Annalisa Centofanti at CentofantiA@Michigan.gov.