The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Share your thoughts with the DNR at meetings in April
March 31, 2022
The Off-Road Advisory Workgroup, a subgroup of the Trails Advisory Council, also is seeking a candidate to assist the council with its duties
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages often, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Thursday, April 28, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens' Advisory Council – Wednesday, April 27, 6 p.m. EDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Forest Management Advisory Committee – Wednesday, April 13, 1 p.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-582-3220).
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Tuesday, April 26, 10 a.m. (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-622-3820).
- Lake Michigan Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Tuesday, April 5, 10:30 a.m. (Contact: Jay Wesley, 269-204-7057).
- Lake Superior Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Wednesday, April 6, 6:30 p.m. EDT (Contact: Patrick Hanchin, 231-330-5290).
- Michigan Historical Commission – Thursday, April 21, 10 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-331-7374).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Thursday, April 14, 9:30 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – Wednesday, April 20, 9 a.m. (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954).
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee – Wednesday, April 13, 2 p.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – Friday, April 29, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747).
- Northern Inland Lakes Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Friday, April 15, 11 a.m. (Contact: Tim Cwalinski, 989-732-3541, ext. 5072).
- Pigeon River Country Advisory Council – Thursday, April 21, 5 p.m. (Contact: Mark Monroe, 989-370-9827).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council – Friday, April 22, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-582-3220).
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – Tuesday, April 12, 1 p.m. (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-231-1299).
- Urban and Community Forestry Council – Tuesday, April 12, 10 a.m. (Contact: Kevin Sayers, 517-582-3209).
- Wolf Management Advisory Committee – (work session) Wednesday, April 6, 1 p.m.; (meeting) Thursday, April 7, 9 a.m. EDT (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
Opportunity to get involved with trails
The Off-Road Advisory Workgroup, a subgroup of the Trails Advisory Council, is seeking a candidate to assist the council with its duties and responsibilities while also providing the DNR with advice about creation, development, operation and maintenance of the state’s trail system related to the off-road vehicle program. Interested candidates can fill out an online application. Questions? Contact Annalisa Centofanti.