The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
August 29, 2022
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages often, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
August meeting reminder
Here are details on a late-August public hearing scheduled after the DNR issued the previous meetings roundup:
- Weigh in on proposed changes to the Michigan endangered and threatened species list Tuesday, Aug. 30, 9-11 a.m., in the Forum of the Michigan Library and Historical Center, located at 702 W. Kalamazoo St. in downtown Lansing. Written comments accepted through Sept. 30. Learn more.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Thursday, Sept. 22, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Board of Foresters – Thursday, Sept. 29, 7:30 am (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-370-9557).
- Lake Superior Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Thursday, Sept. 29, 6:30 a.m. (Contact for link to virtual meeting: Patrick Hanchin, 231-330-5290).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Thursday, Sept. 8, 9 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
- Nonmotorized Advisory Workgroup – Wednesday, Sept. 7, 10 a.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – Thursday, Sept. 15, 10 a.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- State Historical Records Advisory Committee – Thursday, Sept. 15, 10 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-331-7374).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council – Friday, Sept. 23, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-582-3220 or 517-284-5876).
- Trails Advisory Council – Thursday, Sept. 22, 6 p.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – Tuesday, Sept. 13, 1 p.m. (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-231-1299).
Upcoming opportunity to serve
The Equine Trails Subcommittee is seeking two active equestrians who have an interest in serving on the subcommittee of the Trails Advisory Council for a four-year term representing the following areas:
- Central Michigan – reside, ride and work with other equestrian groups in the central region of Michigan (map).
- Statewide equine tourism/industry representative – identify and promote partnerships, pack and saddle recreation opportunities and collaborate with trail riding communities
Please complete the online application by Oct. 1. The term will start in January 2023. Contact Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219, with questions.