The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Upcoming DNR public meetings; vacancies on trails subcommittee, waterways commission
September 28, 2022
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages often, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Thursday, Oct. 20, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens Advisory Council – Joint meeting – Wednesday, Oct. 12, 3 p.m. EDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
- Equine Trails Subcommittee – Wednesday Oct. 26, 1 p.m. (subject to change) (Contact: Anna Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Forest Management Advisory Committee – Wednesday, Oct. 12, 1 p.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-582-3220 or 517-284-5876).
- Lake Erie/Lake St. Clair Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Thursday, Oct. 6, 10 a.m. (Contact: Jim Francis, 517-242-3593).
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Tuesday, Oct. 4, 10 a.m. (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-622-3820).
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission – Friday, Oct. 14, 11 a.m. (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-231-1299).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Thursday, Oct. 13, coffee with the commissioners, 8 a.m.; meeting, 9 a.m. (Contact: Victoria Lischalk, 517-599-1067).
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – Wednesday, Oct. 19, 9 a.m. (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954).
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – Wednesday, Oct. 5, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-285-0747).
- Pigeon River Country Advisory Council – Thursday, Oct. 20, 5 p.m. (Contact: Mark Monroe, 989-983-4101).
- State Parks Advisory Committee – Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2 p.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council – Friday, Oct. 21, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-582-3220 or 517-284-5876).
- Urban and Community Forestry Advisory Council – Tuesday, Oct. 25, 10:00 a.m. (Contact: Kevin Sayers, 517-582-3209).
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens Advisory Council – Joint meeting – Wednesday, Oct. 12, 3 p.m. EDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
Upcoming opportunities to serve
The Nonmotorized Advisory Workgroup is seeking applications to serve a 4-year appointment. Members are expected to participate in four meetings each year.
The purpose of the workgroup is to assist the Michigan Trails Advisory Council in performing the duties and responsibilities of the council and to provide the DNR with advice related to the nonmotorized trails program. This includes advice related to the creation, development, operation and maintenance of the state-managed and designated nonmotorized trail system. Applications must be completed by Nov. 15, 2022.
In addition, the Michigan State Waterways Commission is seeking two candidates to assist its advisory board that works with the DNR on the use of dedicated funds, provided by boaters, for the acquisition, development and maintenance of public harbors and boating access sites and certain locks and dams. Interested applicants can apply Apply to assist the advisory board..