The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
April 28, 2023
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural and cultural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The "May meetings" links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages often, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
White Pine Trail heritage project meetings
Coming up in early May is a special opportunity for fans of the White Pine Trail to learn about an effort to add historical and cultural interest to the route as part of the Michigan History Center's Heritage Trails Program. Attendees at three public meetings in Belmont, Cadillac and Big Rapids will hear about plans, including interpretive signage, and how the project can benefit their communities, as well as get the chance to share their own stories and recollections about the history of the communities and landscapes along the White Pine Trail, which stretches from Comstock Park, just north of Grand Rapids, to Cadillac.
- Tuesday, May 9, 7-8:30 p.m. at the Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center, 6087 E. M-115, in Cadillac. (Adjacent to Mitchell State Park – separate entrance.)
- Wednesday, May 10, 7-8:30 p.m. at the Plainfield Township Hall, 6161 Belmont Ave. NE, in Belmont.
- Thursday, May 11, 7-8:30 p.m. at the Mecosta County Services Building, 14485 Northland Drive, in Big Rapids. (Enter at Door 3 on north side of building.)
Questions? Contact Dan Spegel at SpegelD@Michigan.gov.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Thursday, May 18, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Board of Foresters – Thursday, May 18, 9 a.m. (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-370-9557).
- Equine Trails Subcommittee - Wednesday, May 17, 1 p.m. (Contact: Anna Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission – Friday, May 19, 11 a.m. (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-231-1299).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Thursday, May 11, 9 a.m. (Contact: Jennifer Callen, 517-331-7792).
- Michigan Wildlife Council – Friday, May 19, 10:30 a.m. (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056).
- Northern Inland Lakes Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Monday, May 1, 11 a.m. (Contact: Tim Cwalinski, 989-732-3541 ext. 5072).
- Off-Road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup - Wednesday, May 10, 1 p.m. (Contact: Anna Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- State Historical Records Advisory Board – Wednesday, May 31, 1 p.m. (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-331-7374).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council – Friday, May 19, 8:30 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-582-3220 or 517-284-5876).
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens Advisory Council – Wednesday, May 17, 6 p.m. EDT, 5 p.m. CDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).