The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Join upcoming DNR meetings on parks, accessibility, trails, history, forestry and more
August 29, 2023
Plus, learn more about opportunity to fill two vacant seats on the Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan residents the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities.
One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural and cultural resource management. Frequently check the DNR boards, commissions, committees and councils webpage for updates.
The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find meeting details such as location and agenda (when finalized). Please check these pages often, as meeting details may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council – Tuesday, Sept. 12, 9 a.m. (Contact: Lindsey Henski, 517-284-5958).
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Thursday, Sept. 21, 9 a.m. (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135).
- Board of Foresters – Thursday, Sept. 21, 9 a.m. (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-370-9557).
- Equine Trails Subcommittee – Tuesday, Sept. 12, 10 a.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Lake Superior Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Thursday, Sept. 28, 6:30 p.m. EDT (Contact: Patrick Hanchin, 231-330-5290).
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Thursday, Sept. 14, 9:30 a.m. (Contact: NRC@Michigan.gov).
- Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup – Thursday, Sept. 7, 10:30 a.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- State Historical Records Advisory Board – Wednesday, Sept. 13, 1 p.m. (Contact: Mark Harvey, 517-449-5885).
- Timber and Forest Products Advisory Council – Friday, Sept. 22, 10 a.m. (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-582-3220 or 517-284-5876).
- Trails Advisory Council – Thursday, Sept. 28, 1 p.m. (Contact: Annalisa Centofanti, 517-331-6219).
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – Monday, Sept. 18, 1 p.m. (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-231-1299).
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens Advisory Council – Wednesday, Sept. 6, 6 p.m. EDT (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331).
State park fans, here's your chance to help
The Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee is seeking candidates to fill two vacant seats: a southwest Michigan representative and a committee member at large. Applicants should have experience using the state parks and recreation system and involvement in outdoor recreation and natural resources or related affiliations. Members will assist the committee in advising and making recommendations to the DNR on state parks policy, provide guidance on state park matters, seek development of a broad variety of programs and more.