The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Fins, Tails and Scales
Join DNR educator Shana Ramsey from the Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery in southwest Michigan to connect with nature and learn about fish, how to identify them and discover how the DNR takes care of fish and fish habitat in Michigan. This 30-minute presentation will meet the following learning outcomes.
- Describe adaptations that fish species have developed to survive in different habitats
- Explain the positive impacts of fish management and conservation
- Understand threats to fisheries in Michigan
- Comprehend and understand fish community characteristics
Registration and materials
- Pre/post-lesson and NGSS correlations
- Contact Shana Ramsey to register 269-668-2876