Wetland Mechanics: Functions and adaptations of Michigan's largest coastal marsh
Join DNR educator Jonathon Massung at the Tobico Marsh, a Natural National Landmark, in Bay City Recreation Area. Tobico is a unique coastal wetland habitat, home to many threatened or endangered species, and one of the few healthy and thriving examples left in the Great Lakes region as a result of professional management. This 30-minute presentation will meet these learning outcomes:
- Identify characteristics common to a wetland habitat like Tobico Marsh.
- Explain the positive impacts a wetland habitat has on our local environment.
- Identify representatives of species found in a marsh that affect the local habitat's biodiversity.
- Describe adaptations that species have developed, allowing them to thrive in a marsh.
Registration and materials
- Pre/post-lesson and NGSS correlations
- Registration opens in Sept. for the 2022-2023 school year