The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Wild Spaces, Distant Places
Join DNR educator Katie Urban from the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness, Michigan's largest state park. From the far western end of the Upper Peninsula, Katie will explain what wilderness means and how it compares to other types of lands in Michigan. Discover an area of magnificent biodiversity and some of the wildlife found in this area. This 30-minute presentation will meet these learning outcomes:
- Learn who owns the state parks and the wildlife that lives in them.
- Understand what biodiversity is and its role in the Porcupine Mountains.
- Compare and contrast natural communities in the Porkies.
- Recognize there are different ways to manage our natural resources.
Registration and materials
- Pre/post-lesson and NGSS correlations
- Check back to register starting in September.