Skip to main content

Waterfowl hunting license and federal migratory bird hunting stamp requirements

In addition to a base license, all waterfowl hunters age 16 and older are required to purchase a Michigan waterfowl hunting license ($12) and a federal migratory bird hunting stamp* ($25)

The Harvest Information Program (HIP) endorsement is required for all those hunting migratory birds.

*Federal migratory bird hunting stamp

This stamp is required for all waterfowl hunters 16 and older, including people hunting on their own enclosed farmland. Federal waterfowl stamps are not required for hunting woodcock, rails and snipe. The federal stamp must be signed across its face with your name in ink. The stamps are available at eLicense, post offices, and some Michigan license agents. You can also go to