The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Important shooting range updates
Updates/reminders for DNR shooting ranges
- DNR shooting range season closures: The DNR Barry, Dansville, Echo Point, Lapeer and Skoglund Erickson shooting ranges are now closed for the season. The Barry, Dansville, Echo Point and Skoglund Erickson ranges are expected to reopen April 14, 2024, and the Lapeer range is expected to reopen May 1, 2024.
- Reminder: Please review the DNR shooting range rules before visiting ranges.
Updates on plans to develop and improve public shooting ranges:
- Marquette County shooting range development information
- Barry State Game Area shooting range
- Draft environmental assessment for Barry County shooting range (Dec. 17, 2021)
- Construction plans:
- Sound study:
- Ontonagon County shooting range
- The new indoor shooting range at the Porcupine Mountains Shooting Complex will be operated by the Lake Superior Sportsman’s Club on behalf of the DNR.
- Architectural plans for Ontonagon County shooting range
- Civil plans for Ontonagon County shooting range
- Environmental assessment for Ontonagon County shooting range
- Project location map for Ontonagon County shooting range
- Roscommon County shooting range
- Timber removal is underway at the proposed Roscommon range site, and the DNR recently entered a contract for demolition of buildings at the site.
- Draft environmental assessment for Roscommon County shooting range (Dec. 17, 2021)
- Roscommon County shooting range concept diagram