The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Important shooting range updates
The DNR Ortonville, Pontiac Lake, Rose Lake and Sharonville shooting ranges will be closed for the Easter holiday Sunday, April 9.
The ranges will reopen Monday, April 10.
Updates for DNR shooting ranges
- Ortonville range closed for renovations March 27-April 12
The Ortonville shooting range will close temporarily for shooting bench renovations Monday, March 27 through Wednesday, April 12. The range will reopen Thursday, April 13. We will be replacing the failing concrete legs on the range’s shooting benches with fabricated steel legs galvanized with zinc to ensure strength and longevity.
- Supply Road range closed May 17-18
The Supply Road range in Traverse City will be closed to the public Wednesday, May 17, and Thursday, May 18, for a special event.
- Dansville range closed for season
The DNR Dansville shooting range is now closed for the season. The range is scheduled to reopen in mid-April 2023, weather permitting.
- Lapeer State Game Area shooting range open
The shooting range in Lapeer County, located within Lapeer State Game Area, is now open. The range is open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Updates on plans to develop and improve public shooting ranges:
- Marquette County shooting range development information
- Barry State Game Area shooting range
- Draft environmental assessment for Barry County shooting range (Dec. 17, 2021)
- Construction plans:
- Sound study:
- Ontonagon County shooting range
- Roscommon County shooting range