Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for Payment of Driver Responsibility Fees
EFT is an electronic payment method that you may use to pay your Driver Responsibility Fee. Instead of writing a check for the amount due, you instruct your financial institution to transfer the funds from your account to ours by completing the EFT form provided on this Web site. We then apply the transferred amount to your liability.
EFT is a safe and efficient process for making payment. All transactions are governed by strict, nationally established rules, regulations and security procedures and occur between financial institutions only at your request.
Electronic funds can only be drawn from the responsible party's account, or an account that the responsible party has full signing rights to. Third party transfers are not accepted. If you would like to make payment for another person, please make payment by mail with a check or money order following the "Making Your Payment" instructions given above.
Apply for an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for Payment of your Driver Responsibility Fee
- Complete the EFT Form
- Carefully read and complete the entire authorization form. Your form must be completed accurately otherwise we cannot guarantee that your driving privileges will not be suspended.
- You will need to know your bank account number and the 9 digit routing number of your financial institution. (See example). If you have any questions about these numbers, please contact your bank or financial institution.
- The funds must be available on the payment date that you provide to us on the form to avoid non-sufficient fund fees.
- Your EFT form must be received within 30 days of the date shown on your second Driver Responsibility Fee notice.
- Failure to pay or make payment arrangements by the deadline referenced in your second notice will result in suspension of your driving privileges.
- Signature(s) of the account holder(s) are required for processing of the EFT form.
- Mail the completed form to:
Michigan Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 30199
Lansing, MI 48909-7699
- Or you may fax the completed form to the Collection Division at 517-272-5561.
- Please allow 10-14 business days for processing the form either by mail or by fax.
- If your EFT payment is in conjunction with a request for an installment agreement then the EFT payment must also comply with those guidelines.