Viant Medical, Inc.
Viant Medical, Inc. (Viant) is located at 520 Watson Street SW in Grand Rapids. It has also been known as Medtronic Biomedicus, Inc.; Vention Medical; and Medplast Medical, Inc. Viant and its predecessors have been operating at this location for almost 30 years.
Viant provides sterilization services to the medical device industry using ethylene oxide (EtO). The facility has five sterilization chambers with emissions controlled by two acid scrubbers. The facility is also subject to the federal NESHAP, Subpart O, for EtO sterilizers.
Preguntas Frecuentes (en español)
Resuma del Problema (en español)
Open House, Informational Session, and Public Hearing will be held on Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Staff from multiple agencies will be available to answer questions on Viant and EtO as well as to take comments on the enforcement action.
Location: Grand Valley State University, Pew Campus, L.V. Eberhard Center, 301 Fulton Street West, Grand Rapids, 49504
- 5:30 PM - Open House
- 6:00 PM - Informational Session (staff available to answer questions)
- 7:30 PM - Public Hearing
- Open House, Informational Session, and Public Hearing Flyer
- Informacíon en Español
- Proposed Enforcement Summary and Administrative Consent Order
- Livestream Link (coming soon)
Written and verbal comments may be submitted during the meeting. Additionally, written comments may be submitted to Jeff Rathbun: Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy - Air Quality Division, P.O. Box 30260, Lansing, Michigan 48909-7760. Written comments also accepted by e-mail at RathbunJ1@michigan.gov. All statements must be received by October 25, 2019, to be considered by the decision maker prior to final action.
What is EGLE Doing?
- Community Meeting (March 6, 2019)
- Cancer Incidence Evaluation Area
- Stack Test Plan
- Modeling Study
- Quality Assurance Project Plan
- Phase I Sampling Plan
- Phase I Sampling Results
- Phase I Sampling Locations
- Phase II Sampling Plan
- Phase II Sampling Results
- Phase II Sampling Locations
- July 2019 Sampling Results
- August 2019 Sampling Results