Leaking Underground Storage Tanks
Michigan Petroleum Storage Tank Conference Series
EGLE is partnering with other state agencies, the Michigan Petroleum Association, Midwest Independent Retailers Association, and the American Petroleum Institute of Michigan to present the 2019 Michigan Petroleum Storage Tank Conference Series. This series (being offered on three separate dates) is designed to bring together owners and operators of petroleum storage tanks systems, (and other interested persons) with State inspectors and Program Specialists to receive relevant training and to meet one-on-one with staff from:
- EGLE - Remediation and Redevelopment Division
- EGLE - Michigan Underground Storage Tank Authority
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs - Fire Services Bureau, Storage Tank Division
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development - Weights and Measures Program
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development - Motor Fuels Quality Program
Click on the button below for more information.
At the time of a release, the owner/operator is responsible for the corrective actions mandated by Part 213, Leaking Underground Storage Tanks, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994 of PA 451, as amended (NREPA). Owners/operators are required to hire consultants that meet the qualifications in Section 21325 of Part 213 to perform corrective actions, and to submit specific reports required by the statute. The Remediation and Redevelopment Division is charged with selectively auditing the final assessment reports and closure reports. The program contact is Joan Park 906-228-4520, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNDERGROUND AND ABOVEGROUND STORAGE TANKS: The underground storage tank program and the aboveground storage tank program, along with the associated staff, were transferred from EGLE to the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), effective December 2, 2012. For underground and aboveground storage tank questions, forms, registration, or financial information, please visit the LARA website. The contact information is:
Bureau of Fire Services, Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Phone: 517-241-8847 E-mail: LARA-BFS-STD-TANKS@michigan.gov.
- Leaking Underground Storage Tank Program Changes May 1, 2012
- Resource Materials for the Part 201 and Part 213 Programs
- The March 1, 2013 Underground Storage Tank System Cleanup Advisory Board recommendations to EGLE and the Legislature on the development of a cleanup program funded from the Refined Petroleum Fund (3/11/2013)
- Updated land and resource use restriction forms for the Leaking Underground Storage Tank Program