EGLE/USACE Joint Permit Application
The EGLE/USACE Joint Permit Application (JPA) covers permit requirements derived from state and federal rules and regulations for construction activities where the land meets the water. This JPA prevents duplication of state and federal permitting and provides simultaneous review for activities on or for: Wetlands, Floodplains, Dams, Inland Lakes and Streams, Great Lakes Bottomlands, Critical Dunes, Environmental Areas, and High Risk Erosion Areas. See Applicable Regulations page for more details on the related laws and rules.
The applicant must submit the JPA through MiWaters, our online permitting site. Instructions on how to fill out the JPA form online can be found here. Online payment of permit application fees is also submitted through MiWaters. The status of applications as well as current Public Notice and Hearing Notices can be searched and viewed in MiWaters.
Save time and Money - Request a Pre-Application Meeting with Permitting Staff.
This page can be accessed as www.michigan.gov/jointpermit
- JPA Public Noticing
- JPA Frequently Asked Questions
- Does my Project Need a Permit?
- JPA Processing Flow Chart
- Permitting Staff and District Office Map
- Withdrawal Guidance
- MiWaters - an online permitting and compliance database
- MiWaters - Starting a JPA for a New Site
- MiWaters - Starting a JPA for an Existing Site
- MiWaters - Paying in MiWaters
- MiWaters - Permit Modification Request
- MiWaters - Revising a Submission
- MiWaters - Who to Contact
- Pre-application Meeting - Wetlands and Inland Lakes and Streams
- Application for Special Exception in Critical Dune Areas
Specific Project Assistance
- Resource Program Education and Outreach Series
- Public Transportation Agency Projects
- Dredging Projects and Sediment Testing
- Agricultural Assistance Program
- Utility Corridor Projects in Wetlands Education & Outreach Series
- County Drain Projects
- Seismic Surveys in Wetlands
- Hydraulic Report Guidelines
- Sample Damage Assessment Certification Form