Michigan's draft Lake Erie Adaptive Management Plan public information meeting March 16 canceled; webinar added
In accordance with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ recommendations designed to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Michigan Departments of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy; Agriculture and Rural Development; and Natural Resources are canceling the draft Lake Erie Adaptive Management Plan public information meeting that was scheduled for Monday at Adrian College.
The state is taking proactive steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Michigan. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in reducing the coronavirus risk to Michigan residents.
In lieu of the public information meeting, the departments will host an additional webinar for public comments from 6-7 p.m. March 25.
Comments on the draft Adaptive Management Plan will be accepted in the following ways:
- Webinar scheduled for 11 a.m. to noon Thursday, March 19. Register for the March 19 webinar.
- Webinar scheduled from 6-7 p.m. Wednesday, March 25. Register for the March 25 webinar.
- E-mail to EGLE-LakeErieDAP@michigan.gov.
- Mail to Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy
Water Resources Division
Attn: Lake Erie AM DAP
P.O. Box 30458
Lansing, MI 48909
- Deadline: Public comments will be accepted until 5 p.m. April 3.
The draft Adaptive Management Plan is developed to inform decisions and guide projects outlined in the Domestic Action Plan for Lake Erie, a targeted approach for improving water quality and reducing the amount of phosphorus entering the lake by 40 percent by 2025. For additional information, visit Michigan.gov/LakeErieDAP.