• SARA Title III Announcements
2018 Tier ll Annual Reports Can Now Be Submitted!!!
There Are No Fees for Tier ll Reporting In Michigan!!!
It’s that time of year again! 2018 is nearly over. For many businesses, that means it is time to start thinking about completing annual reports required by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.
Note: Tier ll Reports are due by March 1, 2019
Follow the instructions below to start reporting in Tier ll Manager Program™.
- Go to www.michigan.gov/sara scroll down and click on the Sections 311 and 312 tab or open the following link “SARA Title III - Hazardous Chemical Inventory”.
- Select the “Online Sara Title lll Reporting” button to sign into Tier II Manager™.
- Note the “Guidance and Tutorials” heading below the Online Sara Title lll Reporting button for Tier ll reporting resources. Resources include Tier ll reporting tutorials, SARA Title lll guidebook information and information on Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPC) including email addresses to send your report. If there is an email address for your LEPC, you may email your report instead of sending a paper copy.
Important Tier ll Reporting Resources:
We have created four tutorials that will help you navigate the Tier II Manager™ program. The tutorials will help you create a new report in Tier ll Manager™, retrieve a username or password, and register or assuming a Tier ll user account. Also included is a link to Chapter 3 of the SARA Title lll Guidebook which includes step by step instructions to online reporting in Tier ll Manager™. To access the tutorials and guidebook chapter click on the links below:
- How to Report in Tier II Manager Tutorial
- Retrieving a Username or Password in Tier II Manager Tutorial
- Registering or Assuming an Account in Tier II Manager Tutorial
- SARA Title II - How to Change Facility Status (Video)
- Online Reporting in Tier II Manager (Chapter 3 of the Facilities' Guide to SARA Title III)
Note: The tutorials are also located under the Information heading on the SARA Title III - Hazardous Chemical Inventory website along with other Tier ll Reporting resources.
- Forgot your username? Click on “forgot username” on the sign-in screen and follow the prompts. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER AGAIN.
- Forgot your password? Click on “forgot your password” on the sign-in screen and follow the prompts to create a new one. Password criteria are 8-12 characters with a mix of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
- When you are in the program, please select “update user profile” on the Main Menu and assure that your information is correct.
- Remember that the program will time out after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Due to high reporting volumes try reporting in January or early in the morning or later in the afternoon.
- Don’t forget reporters are required to submit Tier II reports directly to the LEPC and fire department. Ask your fire department if they will accept these reports via email. The “How to Report in Tier II Manager Tutorial “ explains how to email the reports directly from the program.
Additional Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) resources are available at www.michigan.gov/sara under the Section 313 Tab.
On November 28, 2016 U.S. EPA has finalized a rule adding a hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) category to the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) list of reportable chemicals. This action will expand the scope of chemicals subject to TRI reporting and provide communities with more complete information on toxic chemical releases. See the “Addition of Hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) Category to TRI List Final Rule” website at: www.epa.gov/toxics-release-inventory-tri-program/addition-hexabromocyclododecane-hbcd-category-tri-list-final?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery.
On September 30, 2014, EPA published a final rule in the Federal Register that adds a nonylphenol category to the list of toxic chemicals subject to reporting under section 313 of SARA Title III. The rule is effective on September 30, 2014, and shall apply for the reporting year beginning January 1, 2015 (reports due by July 1, 2016).
On November 7, 2013, EPA published a final rule in the Federal Register that adds ortho-nitrotoluene (o-nitrotoluene) to the list of toxic chemicals subject to reporting under section 313 of SARA Title III. The rule is effective November 29, 2013, and shall apply for the reporting year beginning January 1, 2014 (reports due by July 1, 2015).
Effective October 17, 2011, the administrative stay for reporting hydrogen sulfide is lifted. It will be first reported for RY 2012; due date July 1, 2013.
On November 26, 2010, EPA finalized a rule to provide communities with additional information about toxic chemicals being released to the environment. The rule was effective on November 30, 2010, and adds 16 chemicals to the TRI list of reportable chemicals.
If you experience any difficulties reporting or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Administrators by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your phone number.