Environmental Emergencies

  • To report Spills, Releases, or other Environmental Emergencies involving: 

    Air | Land | Water | Groundwater | Wetlands | Dams | Landfills | Hazardous or Radioactive Materials | Mines | Public Drinking Water | Oil and Gas Wells | Nuclear Power Plants

    State EGLE (PEAS) Hotline:  800-292-4706

    The PEAS hotline is staffed to take spill reporting and environmental emergency calls 24/7.

    Please note that many incidents that are reportable to EGLE also warrant reporting to the federal National Response Center which serves the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U. S. Coast Guard: 

    Federal NRC hotline:  800-424-8802

    If your matter is not an emergency but you just have a question or are seeking information about EGLE programs, regulations, reporting requirements, reportable quantities, etc. please call our

    EGLE Environmental Assistance Center:  800-662-9278

    Additional Information:

    Release Notification Requirements in Michigan

    SARA Title III - Community Right-to-Know

    Reporting Agricultural Air Quality Complaints

    PEAS History and Incident Information


Emergency planning requirements for Local Emergency Planning Committees, facilities, and farms in Michigan.
All chemical release reporting requirements in Michigan.
Land Remediation & Redevelopment administrators programs for the remediation and redevelopment of contaminated sites.
To obtain contact information to report air quality concerns