Environmental Assistance Center: 800-662-9278
The Environmental Assistance Center (EAC) serves as a single point of entry into all EGLE environmental programs. Businesses, local units of government, and the general public have access to direct one-on-one assistance or referral to EGLE's network of technical staff by calling 800-662-9278 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
The goal of the EAC is:
- Customer Service: to provide excellent customer service by helping callers navigate through EGLE's various programs.
- Full Partners in Economic Development: to provide new and expanding Michigan business operations with resources to identify and understand EGLE requirements.
- Stewardship: to provide beyond compliance tools and contacts.
The EAC has been formally recognized for their outstanding service to EGLE and to the people of the State of Michigan. Adam, Benita, Joli, Nate, and Veronica look forward to helping you with your environmental questions or concerns. They handle between 13,000 and 45,000 inquiries per year, and help with topics related to air, land, waste and water.
Give them a call or send an e-mail to EGLE-Assist@Michigan.gov.
Information and Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to many of your most common environmental questions.
- Environmental Audit Privilege and Immunity
Want to take self-initiated actions to assess or audit your compliance with environmental laws and correct any violations found without fearing that the disclosure of information to state agencies would lead to enforcement and penalties? Information is a click away.
- Environmental Consultant Assistance
EGLE provides a directory of environmental consultants as a service to Michigan business and residents.
- Local Government
Looking for information on environmental regulations for local governments?
- Speaker Request
Looking for someone to speak about a particular environmental issue at your organization's future event? Request a speaker on-line.
- Environmental Compliance Assistance Resources
- Automotive Collision Repair Facilities
- Automotive Mechanical Repair Workbook
- Automotive Salvage and Scrap Metal Handlers
- Dry Cleaning Workbook
- Environmental Obligations for the Cannabis Industry
- Michigan Guide to Environmental Health and Safety
- Nonmetallic Mineral Crushing Facilities Guidance