EGLE to host first-ever Great Lakes Water Infrastructure Conference in April 2020
Call for abstracts deadline is Sept. 6
The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) is currently accepting speaker abstracts for the Great Lakes Water Infrastructure Conference, scheduled for April 28-30, 2020, in Novi, Michigan. The speaker abstract deadline is Sept. 6.
Infrastructure is the unseen backbone supporting our modern lives, but investment has lagged nationwide and much of it is aging. The communities of the Great Lakes Basin face critical water infrastructure needs for rehabilitation and replacement. Shifting population patterns and the need for preparedness against man-made and natural threats place increasing demands on storm water, drinking water and wastewater utilities.
The 2020 Great Lakes Water Infrastructure Conference, a first-of-its-kind regional conference, will identify the water infrastructure challenges faced by the Great Lakes region and discuss solutions to those challenges. There will be space for more than 80 speakers to address the topics of funding and finance mechanisms, water affordability, environmental health, water infrastructure planning and reinvestment, innovative water quality solutions, green infrastructure techniques, cybersecurity strategy, and communications practices.
- Expert speakers from around the country
- Networking opportunities with up to 1,000 professionals from around the Great Lakes region
- Exhibitors of innovative technology
- Opportunity for conversations with federal, state and local officials
- More than 80 presentations in up to eight concurrent tracks
“We are looking forward to engaging a regional audience including policy and decision makers to discuss solutions on how to turn our challenges into opportunities,” said Kelly Green, EGLE administrator in Water Infrastructure Financing.
For more information, including the Call for Abstracts, go to Michigan.gov/EGLEEvents.
- April 28-30, 2020
- Suburban Collection Showplace, 46100 Grand River Avenue, in Novi
- Speaker abstracts deadline: Sept. 6
- Sponsor/exhibitor registration opens in November
- Attendee registration opens in January 2020
To stay up to date on other EGLE News, follow us at Michigan.gov/MIEnvironment
# # #