Michigan Sustainability Conference to bring business, community leaders together Nov. 20-21 in Lansing
Registration deadline is Nov. 8
The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) is hosting the 4th Annual Michigan Sustainability Conference Nov. 20-21 in Lansing. In partnership with Michigan Green Communities, attendees will network with hundreds of business and community leaders to learn from, collaborate with, and drive meaningful change.
“Simply put, sustainability is taking into consideration how an organization operates in the environmental, social, and economic realms and developing best practices to allow all three to thrive,” said Jack Schinderle, EGLE Materials Management Division director. “Collaboration is critical for effective sustainability practices, particularly when addressing issues that have no building boundaries. When industry and community leaders work together on shared, long-term values, that is when the three realms may begin to flourish.”
Conference attendees will gain the tools they need to move from traditional procedures to best practices using science, technology, storytelling, and partnerships to meet the underlying demand for social and environmental sustainability.
- Plenary sessions will feature an interview with Robert Riney, President of Healthcare Operations and Chief Operating Officer at Henry Ford Health Systems, and keynote speaker Daniel Aronson, founder of Valutus, which specializes in creating value through sustainability and responsibility.
- Multiple breakout sessions focusing on successful case studies, community sustainability and policy, energy and fuel transformation, and funding opportunities.
- Environmental justice panel discussion.
- Climate change and energy discussion.
- Optional field trip to learn about sustainability projects at Michigan State University.
- Networking reception with exhibitors who will share their products, services, and solutions.
- Green Communities Challenge Awards presentation.
Whether a community or business leader, attendees will walk away with a network of partners, practical tools, and creative fuel to keep up with this rapidly evolving era.
- Nov. 20-21.
- Lansing Center, 333 E. Michigan Avenue, Lansing.
- Registration deadline: Nov. 8.
- Cost: $65 (includes networking reception, breakfast and lunch on Day 2, and conference materials).
For more information, go to Michigan.gov/EGLEevents and click on the 2019 MISCON link for the event page and registration.
To stay up to date on other EGLE news, follow us at Michigan.gov/MIEnvironment.
# # #