Industrial Pretreatment Programs PFAS - Regional Informational MeetingsAgency: Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy
MARCH 12, 2018 - LIVONIA
Schoolcraft College, Vista Tech Center
MARCH 14, 2018 - GRAND RAPIDS
GVSU - L.V. Eberhard Center
MARCH 27, 2018 - MT. PLEASANT
Mt. Pleasant Comfort Inn and Suites
The IPP PFAS* Initiative Regional Informational Meetings
EGLE's Water Resources Division, held regional meetings for Industrial Pretreatment Program (IPP) professionals to discuss the technical aspects of the IPP PFAS Initiative, including a description of expectations for the initial screening, monitoring plans, probable source monitoring, and evaluation, as well as information about sampling and analysis protocol and source reduction.
*PFAS are perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (also referred to as PFCs), especially the specific chemicals PFOS (perfluorooctane sulfonate) and PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid).
9:00 a.m. - Registration/Sign-in
9:30 a.m. - Meeting Start
- Welcome and Introduction
- PFAS and its Impact on POTWs and Receiving Streams
- WRD Requirements for POTWs with IPPs
- PFAS Monitoring and Analysis
- Where to go for Resources and Assistance
- Question and Answer
12:00 p.m. - Adjourn
- Governors PFAS Directive Website
- IPP Program Staff Contacts
- EGLE Industrial Pretreatment Website (www.michigan.gov/ipp)
- USEPA Website - Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS): What EPA is Doing - "Emerging Contaminant Fact Sheet - PFOS and PFOA"
- Interstate Technology Regulatory Council - "History and Use of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)"
- KEMI - Swedish Chemicals Agency - "Occurrence and use of highly fluorinated substances and alternatives"
- United Nations Environment Programme - "Synthesis Paper on Per- and Polyfluorinated Chemicals (PFCS)"
- Michigan.gov Environmental Health "Frequently Asked PFAS Questions"
- National Institutes of Health's "PFCS"
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry "PFAS Exposure", "PFAS Health effects" and "PFAS Frequently Asked Questions"
- Michigan's Toxics Steering Group "Perfluorinated Compounds in Michigan - Current State of Knowledge and Recommendations for Actions"
- Environmental Science and Technology, Search "PFAS"
- USEPA region 5 "PFOS Chromium Electroplater Study" (2009)
- Northeast Biosolids and Residuals Association "PFAS in Biosolids"