Join us for the Northern Michigan Environmental Compliance Conference, the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy's (EGLE's) premier compliance assistance event in Northern Michigan. This conference has been designed to help businesses, municipalities, and environmental professionals comply with their environmental requirements.
With three concurrent tracks covering a variety of technical and introductory regulatory topics, The Northern Michigan Environmental Compliance Conference has something for everyone: from those new to the environmental field to the experienced veteran. This conference will provide:
- Up-to-date information on regulatory topics, environmental requirements, best practices, EGLE hot topics, and more.
- A valuable forum for networking with regulators, clients, and potential customers
- 18 concurrent technical presentations delivered by program experts on topics related to air, waste, water quality, and remediation regulations.
- One-on-one opportunities to speak with EGLE staff
- Networking reception, continental breakfast, lunch, and conference materials.
- The 10th Edition of the Michigan Guide to Environmental, Health, and Safety Regulations.
Keeping up to date on environmental regulations that affect your organization is a tough job. Don’t miss this opportunity to stay informed and connected!
DAY ONE PLENARY SESSIONS
- Northern Michgian Environmental Update
- One Peninsula, Three Great Lakes: Proven Public, Private and Non-Profit Partnerships
- Carl Lindquist, Executive Director, Superior Watershed Partnership and Land Trust Lake Superior
- Michigan PFAS Response Udate.
DAY TWO PLENARY SESSIONS (View Session Descriptions)
Hazardous Waste/Liquid Industrial By-Product (HW/LIB) Characterization and Generator Status
HW/LIB Accumulation, Labeling, and Shipping
HW/LIB Inspections and Recordkeeping
Release Reporting - PEAS
PFAS Status in Northern Michigan
Asbestos Removal During Demolition
Michigan Air Permitting Overview
Part 201 Amendments Update
Intro to the New Joint Permit Applicaiton in MiWaters
How to Comply with Industrial Storm Water Regulations
Storm Water Visual Assessment Requirements
Digging Deeper: Oil, Gas, & Minerals
MIneral Well/Test Hole Program
Baseline Environmental Assessments and How to Meet Due Care Obligations
Water Infrastructure Funding and Asset Management
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MAY 30, 2019
REGISTRATION FEE: $95
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave.
Marquette, MI 49855
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
2472 US 41 West
Marquette, MI 49855
Room Block Rate: $85 + applicable taxes
Room Block Expiration: May 4, 2019
Room Block Code: DEQ-UP Conference
This conference qualifies for up to:
- 8 CEHs/PDHs
- 8 CHMMs
- 8 CHMPs
- 8 CDGPs
- WW Operators – 0.5 CECs Technical
- DW Operators – .4 CECs Technical