Air Quality Enforcement ProgramContact: Jenine Camilleri, 517-643-2612Agency: Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy
The program uses enforcement actions to bring facilities into compliance with State and Federal Air Pollution regulations. This includes formal administrative actions such as administrative consent orders, administrative fine orders, and contested case hearings. Air Quality's Enforcement Program also supports and assists the Department of Attorney General and Environmental Protection Agency with air pollution cases referred by the enforcement program.
When the AQD enters into an enforcement action with a facility, the action typically results in a legally binding agreement between the State of Michigan and the facility which contains a monetary penalty, a compliance plan, and sometimes a Supplemental Environmental Project (SEP).
- Enforcement Documents (Recent and Final Enforcement Actions)
- Proposed Consent Orders Open for Comment
- Violation Notice (VN) and Enforcement Notice (ENFN) Listings by: AQD Source Information web page.
NOTE: The Air Quality Division (AQD) Source files and listings are added once per week and the lists are updated every Monday morning.
Air Quality Public Information
- Asbestos and Dry Cleaning Violations by:
- NESHAP Asbestos Notification Search Tool
- Permit to Install (PTI) Public Notice Documents
- Pending PTI Applications Lists
- Title V Renewable Operating Permit (ROP) Public Notice Documents
- Active Dry Cleaning Establishment List (FY 2018)
- Enforcement information not found on-line can be obtained through submission of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.