Gelman Sciences, Inc. Site of Contamination Information Page
To receive information updates, please join our DEQ-Gelman Listserv.
SEPTEMBER 14, 2020
EGLE seeks public comment on proposed amended consent judgment for Gelman Sciences
Below is the recording of the virtual public meeting held September 14, 2020. The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy is seeking public comment on a proposed Fourth Amended and Restated Consent Judgment (Consent Judgment) for the Gelman Sciences Inc. Site located in Ann Arbor and Scio Township, Michigan, and has scheduled an online public meeting. A public review copy of the proposed Consent Judgment is posted in the “What’s New” section. The public comment period on the proposed amended consent judgment for Gelman Sciences has ended. EGLE is preparing a response summary for the questions and comments received during the public comment period.
- EGLE Public Comment Responsiveness Summary (posted 11/12/2020)
- Public Comments Received (posted 11/12/2020)
This is an EGLE operated web page is intended to provide current and historical information on the investigation and remediation of groundwater contamination in Scio Township and the west part of the city of Ann Arbor in Washtenaw County.
The links below include the most current information on each topic, and all previous information for each topic follows the most recent posting.
- Public Comment Draft EGLE v Gelman Fourth Amended Consent Judgment - August 2020
- List of Recent Documents Provided to Information Repositories
- Selected Documents
- NPDES Permit
- Recent Analytical Data
- Periodic EGLE E-mail Updates
- EGLE Gelman Access Database (Data through February 2021)
- February 2018 Dioxane Q&A Fact Sheet
- May 2009 Proposed Modifications of Consent Judgment and Court Orders Regarding the Gelman Sciences, Inc. site
- March 2007 PZ Fact Sheet
- July 2005 Fact Sheet: Prohibition Zone to Restrict Use of Groundwater
- March 2005 Fact Sheet: Proposed Zone to Restrict Use of Groundwater
- July 2004 Gelman Fact Sheet
- March 2004 Bulletin
- PLS May 2015 Monitoring Well Base Map
- March 2011 Groundwater Restriction Prohibition Zone
- PLS March 2011 Monitoring Well Base Map
- Public Comment/Meeting Schedule/Agenda
- Documents Currently Under Review
- DEQ March 30, 2011 Public Meeting Presentation
- DNRE August 2004 Unit E Public Comment
- DNRE July 2004 Public Hearing
- Information Repository Locations
- List of all Documents Provided to Information Repositories
NEW: The above link opens an Excel spreadsheet updated with documents provided as of January 13, 2017. The "System" names have been updated to reflect changes/additions related to the Third Amendment to Consent Judgment (effective March 8, 2011). The former "Western System" has been renamed "Little Lake Area System". Two new systems will replace the previous system nomenclature: "Western Area System" (west of Wagner Road) and "Eastern Area System" (east of Wagner Road). No documents will be added under the following system names: Core, Evergreen (EG), Marshy, Soils, Spray Irrigation Field (Spray) or Unit E. For documents posted after March 30, 2011, see: "List of Recent Documents Provided to Information Repositories" under "What's New").