Nonpoint Source Watershed Planning RFP FY 2020 InformationContact: Bob Sweet 517-512-9765
The application period for this funding opportunity is now closed. A total of 15 proposals requesting almost $1.6 million dollars were received. Three proposals were selected for funding:
- Muskegon Watershed Assembly for the Lower Muskegon River Watershed Management Plan Update
- Allegan Conservation District for the Gun River Watershed Management Plan Update
- Huron River Watershed Council for the Revision of the Middle Huron Watershed Management Plan
The information and documents below are for informational purposes only. Additional proposals are not being accepted at this time.
A webinar was held to explain the FY 2020 NPS Program funding for watershed planning projects. NPS staff discussed the grant application schedule, program priorities, eligibility criteria, application requirements, tips for successful applications, and answered questions from the audience. Click the following link to view a recording of the webinar (requires a free registration): https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/4610213077296273409
Eligible Applicants: Regional planning agencies, councils of governments, conservation districts, counties, cities and towns, and other non-federal or non-state public planning agencies, colleges, universities and non-profit organizations with 501(c)(3) status are eligible to apply.
Eligible Activities: All activities needed to develop a new plan or to update an existing plan to an approvable level, as defined as defined below, are eligible. Implementation activities are not eligible under this RFP. However, a separate Implementation RFP will be issued in the summer of 2020.
Eligible Watersheds: All Michigan Watersheds
- Request for Proposals (RFP) Released: 1/15/2020
- NPS Webinar: 1/23/2020
- Proposals due: 3/11/2020
- Selected Project(s) Awarded: Upon receipt of FY20 federal funding
Request for Proposal Documents:
- Nonpoint Source Program RFP
- Cover Sheet Instructions
- Cover Sheet (docx)
- Instructions for Planning Project Elements
- Budget Form Instructions
- Budget form (xlsx)