Nonpoint Source Implementation RFP FY 2021 InformationContact: Bob Sweet 517-512-9765
The application period for this funding opportunity is now closed. A total of 24 proposals requesting over $10.3 million dollars were received. Proposals selected for funding will be announced in Spring 2021.
The information and documents below are for informational purposes only. Additional proposals are not being accepted at this time.
A webinar was held to explain the FY21 NPS Program funding for watershed implementation projects. NPS staff discussed the grant application schedule, program priorities, eligibility criteria, application requirements, tips for successful applications, and answered questions from the audience. Click the following link to view a recorded version of the webinar (requires a free registration): https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/1920526164736412175
A second webinar will be held for those invited to submit a full proposal. This webinar is by invitation only. However, a recording will be posted here for those who cannot attend.
- 2/14/2020: Watershed Plans must be submitted for Approval
- 6/17/2020: Draft RFP information Released
- 7/15/2020: RFP Released
- 7/15/2020: Watershed Plans must be 319 Approved
- 7/21/2020: Webinar – RFPs, Eligibility, Priorities, and NOI form
- 8/14/2020: Notice of Intent Letters due
- 8/28/2020: Invitations for Full Proposals sent via e-mail
- 9/8/2020: Webinar – Priorities, Project and application tips
- 11/6/2020: Proposals due
Projects Awarded Spring 2021 or with FY21 State and Federal Budget approvals
Eligible applicants include nonprofits that are tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, local units of government (such as state agencies; county, city, township, and village entities; regional planning agencies; Conservation Districts), and Michigan colleges and universities. Applicants must also supply proof of a successful audit at the time of the full application.
Eligible watersheds are watersheds covered by a watershed management plan approved as meeting state and federal guidance.
Eligible activities are implementing priority recommendations to address nonpoint sources of pollution in critical or priority areas as designated in an approved watershed management plan.
Request for Proposal Documents
- FY 2021 Nonpoint Source Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Notice of Intent Instructions
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Form (docx) EQP3595
- Cover Sheet Instructions EQP5835-I
- Cover Sheet (docx) EQP5835
- Instructions for Implementation Project Grants
- Budget Form Instructions EQP5836-I
- Budget Form – 10% De Minimis (xlsx) EQP5836A
- Budget Form - federally negotiated rate: Contact Bob Sweet, SweetR@michigan.gov, 517-512-9765
- Proposed Best Management Practices (BMP) Form Instructions EQP5832A-I
- Proposed Best Management Practices (BMP) Form (xlsm) EQP5832A
- Checklist for a CMI Approved Watershed Management Plan (docx)
- Checklist for a 319 Approved Watershed Management Plan (docx)
- NPS RFP FY21 Appendices
- Appendix A: Wetland Guidance
- Appendix B: Watershed Management Planning Guidance and Criteria
- Appendix C: General Guidance for Land and Water Permits
- Appendix D: Terms and Conditions
- Appendix E: Hydrologic and Geomorphic Guidance
- Appendix F: Supplemental Guidance Urban Runoff
- Appendix F1: Addressing Storm Water Under Michigan’s NPS Program – What’s Eligible
- Appendix G: On Site Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Appendix H: Social Indicators and Social Monitoring