The MiWaters application is a web-based permitting process, allowing Michigan to fulfill federal electronic reporting requirements and providing an online component for access to public information. The focus of MiWaters is permitting and compliance, including National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), storm water, groundwater discharge, aquatic nuisance control, Part 41 construction, and land and water interface permits. It also includes electronic reporting of untreated or partially treated sanitary wastewater.
MiWaters makes it easier for the WRD to communicate with, and provide services electronically to, our regulated community. Below is a list of some of the functions and features that MiWaters provides:
- Permit applications will be submitted electronically.
- The Electronic Environmental Discharge Monitoring Reporting (e2-DMR) system is replaced with a more sophisticated system that will provide additional validation and feedback to permittees, and help detect and prevent errors prior to submittal.
- Those with a MiWaters account will be able to manage permissions, deciding who can view, edit, and submit applications or submittals.
- Wastewater treatment plants will manage biosolids application sites online. Requests may be submitted through MiWaters with notification sent upon approval.
- MiWaters provides near real-time notifications, to the permittee, of any violations determined by the system or by staff, providing permittees with an early "heads up" and opportunity to correct problems.
This page can be accessed as www.mi.gov/miwaters.
MiWaters application home page.