Michigan Green Labs Initiative
The Michigan Green Labs Initiative (MGLI) is a project of the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality in partnership with the University of Michigan and supported by a U.S. EPA grant.
MGLI seeks to deliver resources and partner with institutions in Michigan to implement green laboratory practices. The University of Michigan Office of Campus Sustainability is partnering to provide resources and expertise after implementing their own sustainable labs program.
We have developed materials that will serve as the basis of the program by compiling best practices, methods, and resources for implementation at your institution. The MGLI materials can be downloaded on the sidebar of this page.
Ultimately, we hope your institution will become a partner and start a pilot green labs project or program. See the information in the Green Labs Coordinator Packet to find out how to sign up and get started.
Opportunities for Michigan Green Labs partner institutions:
- Join as partner for your organization, department, or individual labs.
- Contribute to a network of green labs practitioners via the Michigan Green Chemistry Clearinghouse.
- Provide input on materials to help institutions find green and sustainable practices and solutions.
- Pilot methods at your institution. Report results to the green labs community.
- Apply for a competitive pool of funding through the grant project for implementation at your institution.
Stay tuned for further updates to the program.
For more information contact Chad Rogers, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michigan Green Labs Initiative Green Labs Coordinator Packet
- MGLI Program Description (Word)
- MGLI Partner Sign-up Form (Word)
- How to Start a Green Labs Program (Word)
- Program Summary for Distribution to Labs (Word)
- How to Certify Green Labs (Word)
- Partner Inventory Form (Word)
- Results Measurement and Reporting Form (Word)
- U of M Sustainable Labs Case Study (Word)
Michigan Green Lab Initiative Lab Assessment Packet
Lab Assessment Packet (PDF)
- Program Summary (Word)
- Self-Assessment Process Overview (Word)
- Self-Assessment Form (Word)
- Green Labs Resources and References (Word)
- Lab Inventory Tables (Word)
- Performance Measurement and Tracking Form (Word)