The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MI Business Pollution Prevention Partnership (MBP3)
The Michigan Business Pollution Prevention Partnership (MBP3) is a voluntary program open to all Michigan businesses, regardless of size, who are interested in initiating or expanding pollution prevention (P2) practices and receiving recognition for these efforts. Involvement in MBP3 gives businesses direct access to relevant case studies, individual advice, P2 updates and news, helpful resources, and access to the extensive P2 partnership contact list.
MBP3 is the goal-setting level of the Environmental Stewards Partnership - Encouraging businesses to initiate and expand their current Pollution Prevention (P2) practices. MBP3 aims to provide support to P2 efforts through personal assistance and resources, as well as recognize their individual efforts through public recognition.
To enroll, a brief online registration form must be completed that requires the business to set the framework of their environmental goals. Once accepted, participants are asked to provide an annual performance report of their progress and share success stories on their pollution prevention activities.
The mission of the Michigan Business Pollution Prevention Partnership (MBP3) is to advance pollution prevention activities in the State of Michigan by encouraging businesses to initiate and expand their current Pollution Prevention (P2) practices. The aim is to provide support to each partner’s P2 efforts through personal assistance and resources, as well as recognize their individual efforts through public recognition.
- Assist and support partners in P2 efforts by any reasonable means - individual meetings, personal advice, extended resources, workshops, etc.
- Develop a strong and dynamic participant base, encouraging communication and networking between partners.
- Share MBP3 efforts through progress reporting and technology transfer among participants.
- Develop and distribute case studies with MBP3 partners.
- Research and provide partners with relevant pollution prevention and reduction resources.
- Actively display partners efforts through public recognition.
- Encourage members to continue advancing as an Environmental Stewardship Partner by participating in Clean Corporate Citizens and Environmental Leaders.