The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control - Certified Storm Water Operator and SESC Inspector Training Manual
The Certified Storm Water Operator (CSWO) and Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control (SESC) Inspector/Comprehensive Training Manual can be downloaded as one document, or by segments. Individuals taking the inspector only exam can should study chapters 1-5. Individuals taking the comprehensive exam should study the entire manual.
- Cover, Inner Cover, Training Requirements, and Table of Contents
- Unit 1: Storm Water Runoff, Soil Erosion and Sedimentation: Processes and Impacts
- Unit 2: Controlling Runoff, Erosion, and Sedimentation on Construction Sites
- Unit 3: Vegetative Stabilization
- Unit 4: Plan Development, Information Sources, Plan Review, and Inspections
- Unit 5: Laws, Rules, and Inspections Pertinent to CSWO/SESC Inspectors
- Unit 6: Requirements For Administering and Enforcing Part 91 Programs
- Unit 7: Soils, Erosion, and Runoff
- Unit 8: SESC Plan Review/Document Exercises
- Appendix 1, SESC Best Management Practices Guidance Sheets
Please note: EGLE no longer provides copies of the CSWO/SESC Training Manual as part of the trainings and EGLE does not maintain copies of the manual for purchase. If you wish to have a print copy of the manual and can not print it on your home or work printer, many local print shops or office supply stores can print the manual for you. The manual is 338 pages in its entirety. Call your local print shop or look at their website for printing options and costs.