The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Council on Climate Solutions' virtual meeting is March 23
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 18, 2021
Nick Assendelft, Public Information Officer, AssendelftN@Michigan.gov, 517-388-3135
The Council on Climate Solutions, which will advise the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) in developing an effective and equitable strategy to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050, has scheduled its March meeting.
- When: 3-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 23 (The Council is scheduled to meet the fourth Tuesday of every month through December.)
- How to join: Meeting link and phone number can be found at the Council on Climate Solutions webpage.
- Background: The Council consists of state residents appointed by the governor and representatives of several state departments with a range of experiences and expertise. The director of the EGLE is the Council's chair. The Council will advise the governor and EGLE in formulating and overseeing implementation of the MI Healthy Climate Plan, the action plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions statewide and transition toward economywide carbon neutrality.
- Participate in a workgroup: Workgroups will play a vital role in assisting the Council in areas such as Energy Production, Transmission, Distribution, and Storage; Buildings and Housing; Transportation and Mobility; Natural and Working Lands and Forest Products; and Energy Intensive Industry.
- Public comment: Members of the public can provide their topical comments by sending an email to EGLE-ClimateSolutions@Michigan.gov. Public listening sessions will be scheduled in April.
A recording of Tuesday's meeting will be posted in a timely manner on Michigan.gov/Climate.
The meeting is being held in accordance with state recommendations designed to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
# # #