The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Nonpoint Source Implementation RFP FY 2023
Contact: Bob Sweet 517-512-9765
The Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) is requesting proposals to implement priority recommendations in critical areas from approved watershed management plans. Under this RFP, about $4.3 million in state and federal funding is expected to be available for nonpoint source control projects. The timeline, application and award processes will be similar to previous years. We strongly suggest that applicants consult with NPS staff as they work with partners and stakeholders to develop potential projects. The RFP, appendices, and all forms and instructions are linked below.
Projects Awarded Spring 2023 or with FY23 State and Federal Budget approvals
Eligible applicants include nonprofits that are tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, local units of government (such as state agencies; county, city, township, and village entities; regional planning agencies; Conservation Districts), and Michigan colleges and universities. Applicants must also supply proof of a successful audit at the time of the full application.
Eligible watersheds are watersheds covered by a watershed management plan approved as meeting state and federal guidance.
Eligible activities are implementing priority recommendations to address nonpoint sources of pollution in critical or priority areas as designated in an approved watershed management plan.
Request for Proposal Documents
- FY 2023 Nonpoint Source Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Form EQP3595
- Cover Sheet Form EQP5835
- Instructions for Implementation Project Grants EQP5835-I
- Budget Form Instructions EQP5836-I
- Budget Form - 10% de minimis (xlsx) EQP5836A
- Budget Form - federally negotiated rate: Contact Bob Sweet, SweetR@michigan.gov, 517-512-9765
- Proposed Best Management Practices (BMP) Form EQP9296
- Checklist for a CMI Approved Watershed Management Plan EQP9253
- Checklist for a 319 Approved Watershed Management Plan EQP9252
- NPS RFP FY23 Appendices
- Appendix A: Watershed Management Planning Guidance and Criteria
- Appendix B: General Guidance for Land and Water Permits
- Appendix C: Guidance for Projects in Coastal Areas
- Appendix D: Hydrologic and Geomorphic Guidance
- Appendix E: Wetland Guidance
- Appendix F: Supplemental Guidance Urban Runoff
- Appendix F1: Addressing Storm Water Under Michigan's NPS Program - What's Eligible
- Appendix G: On Site Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Appendix H: Social Indicators and Social Monitoring