The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Water Use Data
Michigan and the other states and provinces in the Great Lakes Region have enacted laws that require major water users to report water usage within the Great Lakes Basin. This information provides an environmental baseline for managing water resources in a more integrated manner and strengthens the legal basis for opposing unwarranted diversions of Great Lakes water to other regions of the country.
Michigan annual water use volumes by county and by purpose of water use category :
- 2012 water use data, xlsx
- 2013 water use data, xlsx
- 2014 water use data, xlsx
- 2015 water use data, xlsx
- 2016 water use data, xlsx
- 2017 water use data, xlsx
- 2018 water use data, xlsx
- 2019 water use data, xlsx
- 2020 water use data, xlsx
- 2021 water use data, xlsx
2021 water use by facility, xlsx
Total water use by category, 2021
Water use data for each of the Great Lakes Basin states and provinces is available in the Great Lakes Regional Water Use Database maintained by the Great Lakes Commission.